Description of project
DARA undertook the mid-term evaluation of all MPDL projects and activities in Morocco.
For this purpose, the Technical Assistance team analysed the number and the typology of the projects that MPDL implements in the country, and defined a representative sample of the on-going actions. That way, the study appraised the impact of MPDL’s projects in northern Morocco, where the organization focuses its activities.
The approach of the study allowed for the evaluation of MPDL’s projects contribution to the poverty reduction in the region.
The evaluation team analyzed:
- Justification of the intervention from diverse points of view (strategies of the organization, needs, possibilities, population beneficiaries, etc.);
- The changes produced in the social and economic situation of the region, due to the projects developed by MPDL;
- Design of different scenarios under the hypotheses of continuity of MPDL’s work in the zone, or under the hypotheses of ending the activity of the organization;
- Unexpected effects or impacts;
- Integration frame, coordination with other development organizations working in the area;
- Development of framework to establish a comparison with other Spanish organizations that develop similar activities in the area;
- Evaluation of MPDL’s projects management in Alhucema and proposals for improving it.