Addressing the Gender Challenge
- Table of Contents
- Foreword by Michelle Bachelet, UN Under-Secretary General and Executive Director of UN Women
- Introduction by Ross Mountain
- Taking gender concerns seriously by Valerie Amos, UN Under-Secretary General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator
Part One: The Humanitarian Response Index 2011
The Humanitarian Response Index (HRI) report, published by DARA since 2007, examines responses to crises to assess how the world´s main donor governments – 23 members of the OECD´s Development Assistance Committee (DAC) – face the challence of ensuring that their aid money is used effectively and efficiently in order to maximize the benfits for those affected.
- Progress and Obstacles in Applying Good Donor Practices
- Research Process
- Addressing the Gender Challenge
Assessment of each of the 23 OECD/DAC donors against the Principles of Good Humanitarian Donorship.
Crisis reports specifically illustrate the constraints and challenges that humanitarian actors face within the context of each crisis studied, with the inherent goal of identifying where improvements are needed in the global provision of humanitarian aid.