DARA is a non‐profit organization committed to improving response through better evidence and evaluation. DARA has a proven track record in research & policy, evaluations & technical assistance, and an increasing role in providing leading thinking on the most pressing humanitarian issues. By evaluating impact and providing policy guidance and solutions, DARA works to improve aid effectiveness.
We are currently seeking an intern to start as soon as possible in our office in Madrid. The candidate will report to the Contract Manager and will be exposed to work across the organisation’s themes. They are likely to gain experience in a range of skills, from supporting improvements in administrative and organisational practice, to conducting research tasks in support of country or thematic projects. DARA is currently developing the Refugee Response Index and the intern will assist with the coordination and implementation of this project.
Please note that this internship in unpaid.
DARA is not able to assist with the visa process, outside of confirming the internship in a letter if required.
Tasks may include:
- Assist in the drafting and writing of communications, proposals and reports for area activities
- Assist in the editing, reviewing and formatting work relevant to the area of the internship
- Participate in outreach efforts with partner organisations and other stakeholders
- Perform research relevant to the area programme and ongoing efforts
- Assist in planning or scheduling for relevant events, including upcoming regional workshops and events
- Support logistical tasks related to the area of the internship
- Support administrative tasks related to the area of the internship
- Bachelor´s degree in Development, International Relations, Humanitarian Assisstance or related field
- High level of fluency in English, written and spoken
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Database management
- Experience and/or demonstrated interest in the humanitarian sector
- Knowledge of design/ graphics
- Experience in communications and fundraising
- WordPress website management or social media management
- French and/or Spanish will be considered an asset
If you are interested please send a CV and cover letter to Daniela Ruegenberg email@example.com and Alesia O’Connor firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “DARA Internship” before the 15th January 2020.
DARA welcomes all indications of interest. Due to limited resources, we will contact only the shortlisted candidates.