The problems of politicisation
- The complete report (28.5mb): The Humanitarian Response Index 2010: The problems of politicisation
- The HRI 2010 Executive Summary (English)
- The HRI 2010 Executive Summary (Spanish)
- The HRI 2010 Executive Summary (French)
- Table of Contents
- Foreword by António Guterres, UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- Acknowledgements and Introduction by Ross Mountain
- Politicisation of humanitarian work? By Jakob M. Kellenberger, President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Ending sexual violence: From recognition to action by Margot Wallström, Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General on Sexual Violence in Conflict
The Humanitarian Response Index (HRI) report, published by DARA since 2007, examines responses to crises to assess how the world´s main donor governments – 23 members of the OECD´s Development Assistance Committee (DAC) – face the challence of ensuring that their aid money is used effectively and efficiently in order to maximize the benfits for those affected.
Assessment of each of the 23 OECD/DAC donors against the Principles of Good Humanitarian Donorship.
Crisis reports specifically illustrate the constraints and challenges that humanitarian actors face within the context of each crisis studied, with the inherent goal of identifying where improvements are needed in the global provision of humanitarian aid.